2013/09/10

Vinyl Wrap for the Teardrop

Today Sean and I visited the company selected to wrap the trailer in vinyl with my photos.  Stick It is located in Waterbury, CT.  Dave Reilly, the CEO, showed us around and spent a good amount of time going over the project.

Sean and I came away confident they'll do a fine job.

I have made one change to the photos.  The previous version had a Red-Breasted Nuthatch on the front; this has been changed to a Red Crossbill.

© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

The Crossbill photo works better on the front of the trailer than the Nuthatch did.  I had one suggestion that the Little Blue Heron be on the front and the Crossbill on the back, but I'm leaving the Little Blue on the back because the photo works better on the rear, while the Crossbill works better on the front.

When I say "works better" I'm referring to the size and composition and how the image fits onto the curvature of the trailer, where the bottom of the image falls, where the point of focus on the trailer lies, etc.  For instance, it will be okay that the lower 12" of pine needles will be obscured by the battery box on the front, but I wouldn't want to lose the reflected Little Blue.

We are scheduled to take the trailer in for covering on September 23.

No comments: