2013/04/11

More Flickers

Ah, spring is popping out all over here in CT.  Among the attractions are the Flickers in romance mode.

I've been working to capture the action when male and female "speed date" but so far have not been successful.  Flickers are very shy, and getting close enough to capture good detail is very difficult.


© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved


© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

(I just realized the above shot was included in yesterday's post; oh, well, it deserves repeating!)

This next shot isn't as sharp as I'd like, but I include it to illustrate the bird's beautiful plumage.  This is of two females sparring over territory.

© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

Finally, this morning I managed this shot of a pair of males.  Note the more prominent "Y" on the back of the neck, and the black shaft on each side of the face.

© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

No comments: