2013/04/24

A Potpourri

Today's photographic opportunities presented several different subjects.  First up is the Black-Crowned Night Heron.

© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

I love the way his red eye pops when the sun hits it.  He only posed a very short while before flying, leaving me with just this profile.

Next, a Great Egret was having breakfast nearby.

© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

The bird was stalking his prey, and would frequently spread his wings as he plunged his head into the water.  Unfortunately I was too close to get the whole wings-spread bird in the frame, even though I had zoomed out as far as I could.

Finally, for today, the Northern Mockingbird makes for a nice photo when singing on a post with a distant background.

© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

All things considered, it was a great morning out there!
 

No comments: