2013/10/05

Overdue Bird Post

For various reasons I have not created a bird posting recently.  Here then, with apologies for its length, is a catch-up.

First up is an American Pippit:

© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

Next we have an Immature Little Blue Heron. Note that the bird is white, not blue, but can be distinguished from the Snowy Egret (slightly smaller) based upon the color of the legs and beak.


© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved


© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

I came across a female Goldfinch and one of her recent fledglings.  The youngster would sit on a branch flapping its wings as a signal that the mother should feed it.  But, if she ignored the youngster, it would happily feed itself.

How typical!

© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved


© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

Occasionally I encounter a gull that I just have to shoot.  This Ring Billed Gull was no exception.

© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

The above were all from the end of September.  Now, on to October!

I will begin with a Phoebe. I know I've posted one recently, but I like the background on this shot.


© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

Next is a Greater Yellowlegs.  Again, I've posted this bird recently, but they are plentiful hereabouts now and deserve being repeated.

© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved


© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved


© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

Next is a Great Egret followed by a combination of a Snowy Egret with the Great.

© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved


© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

A White-Throated Savannah Sparrow:

© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

Next we get into the warblers.  Warblers are even less well-known to me than sparrows, so I will caution the reader that my identifications are subject to correction by those more knowledgeable than I.  If you are one of those people, do be gentle with me and enter a comment at the end of this post with your correction.  Thank you!

Now, I do recognize Yellow-Rump Warblers, so we'll start there.

© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved


© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved


© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved


© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved



© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

This next one is, I believe, a Palm Warbler:

© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

This appears to me to be a Yellow Warbler:

© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

And, finally, what I believe is a Common Yellow-Throat Warbler:

© 2013 Emmitt Dove All Rights Reserved

There sure is a variety of birds around these days.  Other notables I've seen, but not been able to photograph, include female Harriers, several Kestrels, Bald Eagles, Kingfishers, Great Blue Herons, Saltmarsh Sharptail Sparrows, Seaside Sparrows, and more.

No comments: