2013/01/22

January is Slow ... for Photography

Still, a couple of recent shots are worthy.

The Song Sparrow:


Like the Red-Breasted Nuthatch, the Song Sparrow is happy to feed on pine seeds.

 
This Bufflehead male was cleaning his feathers.


This Kingfisher has been roosting on this post for weeks now.  As I drive past and observe her there, I circle back and attempt to get a shot.  The Kingfisher, however, is extremely wary, creating a battle of wits.  

This is my best shot so far.  Upon approach I had the camera out the window, focused to the approximate distance.  As the post and the bird came into view, I raised the camera to the eye and started shooting.  The next two frames were of a vacant post.

The Kingfisher is still way ahead in the game.

It isn't over yet.

 
 

No comments: